- Methodologic opportunities and challenges in the genomic era: from studies of pedigrees to GWAS and beyond.
- Population and evolutionary genetics of common diseases.
- Epigenetics and complex diseases.
- Characterization of genetic risk factors in complex traits and special populations.
- Incorporation of post-GWAS technologies into population health research: next generation sequencing.
- Evaluation and application of methods to assess genetic and environmental interactions in chronic diseases.
- Development of novel statistical methods for genetic analysis of individuals and/or families.
- Development and implementation of population-based family designs.