- This event has passed.
U of T Summer Workshop on Big Data for Health
July 3, 2014 @ 5:30 pm - July 4, 2014 @ 5:00 pm
Registration for the University of Toronto Summer Workshop on Big Data for Health is closed due to substantial over-subscription. Thank you for your interest.
- Rick Glazier, Primary Care and Population Health Program, ICES
- Peter C. Goodhand, The Global Alliance for Genomics and Health
- Astrid Guttmann, Health System Planning and Evaluation Program, ICES
- Tom Hudson, Ontario Institute for Cancer Research
5:30 pm – 9:30 pm – Keynote speaker sessions and buffet dinner.
8:00 am – 3:30 pm – Short presentations, discussions and networking opportunities.
Breakfast and lunch will be provided.
Transdisciplinary Big Data for Health Workshop designed to create, discover, and leverage new synergies across disciplines at the University of Toronto. Open to scientists who
- work with deep data (‘omics’, laboratory, clinical, environmental, etc.),
- analyze, mine broad (community-wide) electronic medical/health data, administrative (transactional) records and population registries, or
- work in computer science or physics, or with statistical techniques that are not necessarily limited by traditional biomedical or epidemiological considerations.
The purpose of the workshop is to offer a bird-eye view of Big Data for Health initiatives at the international, provincial, and local levels to stimulate the creation of new collaborative modalities, partnerships and ways to reach new levels of health research.
Fields Institute for Research in Mathematical Sciences
222 College Street
Dr. David Henry
Dr. Prabhat Jha
Dr. France Gagnon
Dalla Lana School of Public Health and Faculty of Medicine, University of Toronto
This workshop has been made possible thanks to the generous funding support of the Dalla Lana School of Public Health and of the Fields Institute for Research in Mathematical Sciences.