Employment opportunities will be posted here as they become available.
In addition, we invite you to peruse the IGES website for additional position openings.
- Quantitative Research Data Coordinator, Lunenfeld-Tanenbaum Research Institute. For more details, click here
- Senior biostatistician, The Centre for Phenogenomics, The Hospital for Sick Children. For position details, click here. To apply, click here
- Post-doctoral position, Department of Biostatistics, Boston University. For complete details, click here.
- Tenure-track position in Big Data Analytics, University of Windsor. For complete details, click here.
- Assistant Professor in Biostatistics, University of British Columbia. For complete details, click here.
- Post-doctoral fellow position in genomics and bioinformatics, University of Lorraine (Nancy, France). For complete details, click here
- Postdoctoral fellow position, University of California Berkeley School of Public Health. For complete details, click here.
- Postdoctoral fellow position, National Institute of Environment Health Sciences, NIH. North Carolina, USA. For complete details, click here
- Tenure-track position in Big Data Methodology, Department of Cardiac Sciences, Cumming School of Medicine, University of Calgary. For complete details, click here
- Postdoctoral fellow position, Epigenetics of Asthma, Lady Davis Institute for Medical Research, McGill University, Montreal. For complete details, click here
- Senior biostatistician at The Centre for Applied Genomics at Sick Kids. For complete details, click here
Post-doctoral position in biostatistics/bioinformatics at Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai (New York, NY). For complete details, click here.
- Post-doctoral opportunities are available at Inserm, Paris Cardiovascular Research Centre, Paris Descartes University, France. For complete details, click here
Post-doctoral Fellowship in perinatal predictive modeling at McMaster University – for complete details, click here
Post-doctoral Fellowship in Meta-analysis in Perinatology at McMaster University – for complete details, click here
- Post-doctoral fellow in genetic epidemiology at McMaster University – for complete details, click here.
- Data Analyst position in the Genetics and Genome Biology Program at The Hospital for Sick Children – for complete details, click here.
- Ad Hoc Quantitative Life Sciences PhD Program at McGill University – for complete details, click here
- Research associate/Senior Biostatistician position at the University of Manitoba – for complete details, click here
- Post-doctoral research fellow at Hospital for Sick Children (Toronto) in psychiatric genetics/genomics. For complete details, click here
- PhD contracts for international students are being offered at Paris Descartes through the INSPIRE COFUND program. For complete details, click here
- Post-doctoral position at the University of Liège (Belgium). For complete details, click here.
- Post-doctoral research fellowship at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai (New York, New York). For complete details, click here.
- Computational Research Scientist at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai (New York, New York). For complete details, click here.
- Post-doctoral (or possible scientist) position available at the University of Alabama at Birmingham, in the Office of Energetics. For complete details: click here
- Post-doctoral position is available in the Laboratory of Human Genetics of Infectious Diseases at the Imagine Institute in Paris. For complete details: click here
- Post-doctoral research fellow position in Psychiatric Genetics/Genomics at Sick Kids. For complete details, click here
- Research associate in Bioinformatics and Computational Biology, Department of Statistics and the Centre for Molecular Medicine and Therapeutics, University of British Columbia. For complete details, click here.
- Post-doctoral research position in Statistical Genetic Methods at the University of Toronto. For complete details, click here.
- 4 positions currently available at Baylor College of Medicine:
- Postdoctoral position in statistical genetics
- Postdoctoral position in Mendelian Genomics
- Postdoctoral position in genetics of hearing impairment
- Assistant professor in Mendelian Genomics of hearing impairment
For complete details on each position, click here.
- Tenure-track Assistant Professor position in the Department of Mathematical Sciences, The University of Texas at El Paso College of Science. For complete details, click here.
A 3-year funded PhD position in genomics is available at the University of Lorraine, France. For complete details, click here
- Do you want to work for CIHR Institue of Genetics? Take note of opportunities currently posted on the CIHR website: Click here
Postdoctoral Fellowship in Integrative Genomics, Channing Division of Network Medicine at Brigham and Women’s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA. For more information, click here
Assistant/Associate Professor, Canada Research Chair (Tier II) in Bioinformatics for Personalized Medicine, Faculties of Medicine and Science, Memorial University of Newfoundland. For more information, click here
- Postdoctoral fellowship in the Department of Epidemiology within the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health (HSPH). The fellow will work closely with Drs. Hugues Aschard and Peter Kraft and with collaborators at the Program in Genetic Epidemiology and Statistical Genetics (PGSG) at the Chan School, and The Channing Division of Network Medicine. For more information, click here.
The School of Public Health at the University of Washington invites applications for a full-time (100% FTE) faculty position in Genetic Epidemiology. Duties include methodological and substantive research as well as teaching in genetic epidemiology within the appointing department, the Institute for Public Health Genetics, and collaborating programs at the University of Washington. For more information, click here.
Summer Data Science Fellowship Opportunity
Program: The Data Incubator is an intensive 8 week fellowship that prepares masters students, PhDs, and postdocs in STEM and social science fields seeking industry careers as data scientists. The program is free for Fellows and supported by sponsorships from hundreds of employers across multiple industries. In response to the overwhelming interest in our earlier sessions, we will be holding another fellowship.
Who Should Apply: Anyone who has already obtained a masters or PhD degree or who is within one year of graduating with a masters or PhD is welcome to apply. Applications from international students are welcome. Everyone else is encouraged to sign-up for a future session.
Locations: There will be both an in-person (in NYC, DC, SF) and online section of the fellowship. There is a common application for both the online and in-person sections.
Dates: All sections will be from 2016-06-06 to 2016-07-29
Application Link: https://www.thedataincubator.com/?ch=rec&ref=r6cf032089d54
Data Science in 30 minutes: Join our free webcast on 2016-03-15 and learn how to build a data science project in 30 minutes. Signup soon as space is limited: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/data-science-in-thirty-minutes-3-tickets-22462576170.
Learn More: You can learn about our fellows at The New York Times or Palantir. To read about our latest fellow alumni, check out blog. To learn more about The Data Incubator, check us out on Venture Beat, The Next Web, or Harvard Business Review.
PhD graduate and Postdoctoral Fellow Positions
We are looking for a PhD student to join a bioinformatics group based at the Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Manitoba and Data Science Platform of George and Fay Yee Centre for Healthcare Innovation. The candidate should have a thesis-based Master’s degree in human genetics related subject from Canada or USA and has good programming skill using R. The candidate should have a GPA >3.5.
We are also recruiting a postdoctoral fellow to perform genome-wide copy number variant and association analyses of inflammatory bowel disease. The candidate should have a PhD in genetics, statistical genetics or bioinformatics. Expertise in R and Unix programming environments are required. Knowledge of copy number variation analysis would be an asset
All applicants must submit a CV, a copy of your most relevant papers, and the names, email addresses, and phone numbers of three references to email@example.com.
For more information: http://www.hu-bioinformaticslab.org
- Programmer Analyst – Analytical Genetics at Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Tarrytown, New York, USA. Details here.
- 3-Year postdoctoral fellow position in genomics and bioinformatics at the University of Lorraine (Nancy, France). For more details, click here: Details
- Assistant or Associate Professor in Human Genetics tenure track position at the Memorial University of Newfoundland, St John’s, Newfounland, Canada. The Discipline of Genetics within the Faculty of Medicine at Memorial University is inviting applications for a tenure track position at the rank of Assistant or Associate Professor in Human Genetics. Details here.
- Canada Research Chair (Tier II) in Biostatistics position at the University of Victoria, Victoria, British Columbia, Canada. The Department of Mathematics and Statistics at the University of Victoria invites applications for a Canada Research Chair in Biostatistics anticipated to commence between May 2015 and July 2015 [ PDF ].
- Professorship position at the Université du Québec à Montréal, Montréal, Québec, Canada. The Department of Mathematics at the Université du Québec à Montréal is seeking applications for a “professeur régulier” in applied statistics. [ PDF ].
- Postdoctoral position at the University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, Kansas, U.S.A. The Department of Biostatistics within the School of Medicine at The University of Kansas Medical Center (KUMC) is seeking applications for a post-doctoral research scientist position. They are in the process of building a statistical genomics and bioinformatics research group and are seeking a postdoctoral candidate with a Ph.D. in statistics, bioinformatics or biostatistics with interest in human genomics research. Solid statistical training, strong computer programming skill, excellent written and oral communication skills are required. KUMC is located in Kansas City KS, with the goal of servicing Kansas through excellence in education, patient care, community engagement and research. The candidate will work with a team of scientist for advancing bioinformatics research activities at The University of Kansas Medical Center, along with the collaboration on genomic research projects. To apply, please send a CV and a cover letter including a research statement via email to Dr. Brooke L. Fridley, Associate Professor of Biostatistics and Director, Biostatistics and Informatics Shared Resource, University of Kansas Cancer Center.
- Postdoctoral position in Harvard Program in Genetic Epidemiology and Statistical Genetics at the Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, Massachusetts, U.S.A. Candidates should have completed a PhD and have programming skills in statistical software such as R as well as experience with handling and analyzing large datasets.This position will focus on the analysis of high throughput data generated by large national and international collaborations (genome wide association and genome sequencing studies of breast cancer).Ongoing research projects include heritability analysis and gene-environment interaction studies as well as methods development depending on the applicant’s interest and experience. For more information, please email Peter Kraft and include “PGSG PostDoc” in the subject line.
- Postdoctoral fellowships in computational biology and machine learning at the Princess Margaret Cancer Centre and the University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Details here.
- Manager position at the TCAG Statistical Analysis Facility at the Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Details here.
- Biostatistician position at the TCAG Statistical Analysis Facility at the Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Details here.
- Research Positions in Biostatistics/Computational Biology at the Department of Health and Human Services, National Institutes of Health, National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, USA [ PDF ]. Please forward or post in your areas!
- Recruiting PhD candidates and post-doctoral fellows in statistical genetics or bioinformatics, Dr. Pingzhao Hu Lab, Faculty of Medicine, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada. [ PDF ]
- Recruiting Assistant/Associate Professor – Epidemiology at the Dalla Lana School of Public Health at the University of Toronto, Toronto, ON, Canada. [ PDF ]
- Recruiting Assistant/Associate Professor – Biostatistics Division at the Dalla Lana School of Public Health at the University of Toronto, Toronto, ON, Canada. [ PDF ]
- Recruiting Genomic Data Analyst and Scientific Programmer and Postdoctoral Fellow and Biostatistician at the Ludmer Centre for Neuroinformatics and Mental Health, Montreal, QC, Canada. [ PDF ]
- The Centre for Molecular Medicine and Therapeutics (CMMT) and the Department of Medical Genetics at the University of British Columbia (UBC) in conjunction with the Department of Statistics in the Faculty of Science invite applications for a Canada Research Chair (CRC) – Tier II, in the area of Statistical Genomics. This will be a tenure track appointment at the rank of Assistant Professor. Review of applications will begin on October 15, 2013 and will continue until the position is filled. Details here. [ PDF ]
- The SickKids Research Institute [CHES] is recruiting new faculty positions. Deadline October 31, 2013. Please forward or post in your areas! Details here.
- Postdoctoral Position in Statistical Inference at the Statomics Lab of the Ottawa Institute of Systems Biology, Ottawa, ON, Canada. See here for more details
- Recruiting Postdoctoral Fellow to work on statistical methods for the analysis of human genetic and genomic data at the Lady Davis Institute for Medical Research & McGill University, Montreal, QC, Canada. [ PDF ]
- Recruiting Postdoctoral Research Fellow Genetics of Common Complex Diseases at the James Hogg Research Center, Vancouver, BC, Canada. [ PDF ]
- Recruiting Project Co-ordinator (Senior Research Assistant-Level) at the Samuel Lunenfeld Research Institute, Toronto, ON, Canada. Application deadline is April 12, 2013 [ Link ]
- Postdoctoral Position in Cardiovascular Pharmacogenomics, Dr. Marie-Pierre Dubé group, Montreal Heart Institute, Pharmacogenomics Centre, Montreal, QC, Canada [ PDF ]
- Postdoctoral Position in Statistical and Population Genetics, Dr. Simon Gravel’s group, McGill University, Montreal, QC, Canada [ Link ]
- Recruiting full-time Research Coordinator, Dr. Rayjean Hung’s Lab, Samuel Lunenfeld Research Institute, Toronto, ON, Canada [ PDF ]
- Recruiting PhD candidates and post-doctoral fellows in Genetics or Clinical Epidemiology, Dr. Brent Richards’ Lab, McGill University, Montreal, QC, Canada. Re-posting from January 2013 [ PDF ]
- Faculty Position in Statistical Genetics/Genomics, The David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA, U.S.A. [ PDF ]
- Postdoctoral Fellowship in reast Cancer Epidemiology and Methods, National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences (NIH), Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, U.S.A. [ PDF ]
- Research Coordinator position in Statistical Genetics, Centre of Addiction and Mental Health, Toronto, ON, Canada [ PDF ]
- Postdoctoral Position in Genetic Epidemiology, Université Laval, Robert-Giffard Research Center, Laval, QC, Canada [ PDF (78 KB) ]
- Postdoctoral Position in Statistical Genomics, Institute of Molecular Life Sciences, University of Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland [ PDF> ]
- Combined Biostatistician/Bioinformatician Position in Analysis of Pediatric Brain Cancer, The Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, ON, Canada [ PDF ]
- Postdoctoral Fellowship Position, Lady Davis Institute for Medical Research at the Jewish General Hospital, McGill University, Montreal, QC, Canada [ PDF ]
- Chair Position, Department of Epidemiology, School of Public Health, University of California Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA, U.S.A. [ PDF ]
- Faculty Position in Human Genetics and Genome Science, The Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, ON, Canada. [ PDF ]
- Poste de Maître de Conférences en bioinformatique et biostatistiques pour la génomique médicale, Université Paris-Sud, Paris, France [ PDF ]
- Postdoctoral Research Fellowship in Genetics, School of Medicine, Laval University, QC, Canada. [ PDF ]
- Postdoctoral Position in Biostatistics, Laboratory of Biostatistics and Psychiatric Genetics at the Centre de recherche, Université Laval – Robert-Giffard (CRULRG), Beauport, QC, Canada. [ PDF
- Professorship Position in Human Genomics, University Pierre and Marie Curie, Paris, France. [ PDF ]
- Postdoctoral Position in Pharmacogenomics of Colorectal Cancer, INSERM UMR_S 775, Paris, France. [ PDF ]