2017-2018 Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships Competition:
The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program is designed to support world-class postdoctoral researchers. The fellowship provides $70,000 per year for two years. The program is open to both Canadian and international researchers who have recently completed a PhD, PhD- equivalent, or health professional degree. Applications must be completed in full collaboration with the proposed host institution.
The 2017-2018 competition was launched in April 2017 and the application deadline will be September 20, 2017 at 20:00 EDT. Please note that institutions may have internal deadlines.
2017-2018 Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships Competition:
The Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships program is designed to support world-class students pursuing doctoral degrees at Canadian universities. The scholarship awards $50,000 per year for three years. The program is open to both Canadian and international students. Students must be nominated by the Canadian university at which they plan to study. The 2017-2018 competition was launched June 15, 2017 and the nomination deadline will be in November 1, 2017 at 20:00 ET. For complete details: Brochure – English | Brochure – French | Website
- Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR) [ Website ]
- Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada (NSERC) [ Website ]
- Ontario Graduate Scholarship Program. Apply for an Ontario Graduate Scholarship through the University of Toronto School of Graduate Studies. You can get $5,000 per term, to a maximum of $15,000 for an academic year. Details here.
- Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC)
- The France Canada Research Fund (FCRF) [ Website ]
- Science and Technology Office of the Embassy of France in Canada (Student Mobility Scholarships) [ Website ]
University of Toronto
- The W. Garfield Weston Doctoral Fellowship Program. The W. Garfield Weston Doctoral Fellowship Program will provide 16 Canadian graduate students from the University of Toronto—across the humanities and the social, physical and life sciences—a travel award of $50,000 to further their research and broaden their skills and networks in a global setting. The program aims to attract, support and develop globally oriented thinkers, who will be making important contributions to their field, their communities and the world. Additional information available here.